If you’re hoping to start your retirement journey in 2024, there are some key things you need to start thinking about in order to properly prepare. In today’s episode, Dan Oaklief, RICP®, CPFA® is back to share some advice for those who plan on retiring in the new year. After discussing key year-end planning strategies for 2023 in our last episode, today’s conversation is all about the crucial steps to take to six to nine months before your desired retirement date.
Listen in as we discuss Social Security planning, pension considerations, asset allocation, budgeting, health insurance in retirement, and more. Throughout the episode, we’ll provide insights, tips, and a general checklist to ensure you have a comprehensive and well-thought-out retirement plan to help carry you into this exciting new phase of life!
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
– What Social Security decisions need to be considered in the planning process?
– Evaluating pension options and finding the best one for your situation
– Knowing the location and tax structure of your assets, including 401(k), IRAs, and Roth accounts
– What factors should be considered in budgeting for retirement?
– Strategically generating income streams in retirement with the help of a financial professional
For more, visit us online: https://baschrock-fg.com/