The Key Points:
The only certainty in life is that we have no idea what tomorrow will bring. Even the best laid plans can change in an instant, but a well-constructed financial plan will ease the burden during these life events.
In this episode, we’re spending some time with BA Schrock’s Colleen LeMasters, CFP® to share our process for helping and assisting clients when the face these significant changes that disrupt life and retirement. This is a conversation that we can approach from multiple angles so we’ve broken it out into two parts. In part one we talked about these life changes from a non-retirement perspective.
Now we’re going to turn our attention to the retirement aspect of this conversation and the changes that often happen to people around this time.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- What is the most common change people face when they goes from working to retirement? (1:26)
- How interest rate changes impact your retirement plan and your ability to retire as you want. (4:18)
- Will you lose your job if you stick around or pass up a buyout? (8:14)
- What happens when you’re forced into an early retirement? (10:19)
- How has income planning changed with the increase in interest rates? (12:33)
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at https://www.baschrock-fg.com/ or give us a call at 330-473-1060
How Life Changes Impact Finances (Part 1)
SECURE Act 2.0 – Retirement Changes You Need to Know About