The Key Points:
Anyone that’s looking for a financial advisor has probably seen all the different designations people might have, but it’s tough for anyone outside of the industry to know what everything means. If there’s one you want to pay attention to when it comes to building a plan, it’s going to be the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation.
Last year, BA Schrock’s Colleen LeMasters earned her CFP® after months of hard work and preparation. It’s a tremendous accomplishment in and of itself, but it’s also a great benefit for the people we work with. With that process fresh in her mind, we asked her to come on and help us understand what all goes into the CFP® and what it really means for the people we work with
After a six-hour test on top of all the experience requirements, Colleen found a little extra time to spend with us on the show today and we hope it provides a little more clarity for you.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn on this episode:
- What was her experience of getting the CFP® designation? (2:24)
- What drove her to get this and why was it important? (4:22)
- Who all can carry the CFP® designation? (6:41)
- How this will improve the work we do and how we can help clients. (8:24)
- Ethics and integrity might be the most important thing about a CFP®. (9:55)
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at https://www.baschrock-fg.com/ or give us a call at 330-473-1060